Are you looking for a great, yet easy to make CBD bath bomb recipe? Then you’ll love this one!
If you check the web, you might find a lot of interesting hemp bath bomb recipes. These items can easily be made as long as you can some high-quality cannabidiol oil, a few basic ingredients, and time to spare.
Although CBD is regarded as an amazing wellness product, it doesn’t work as well when you use it for bath bombs. However, the substance may still help you relax after a long hard day at work.
There is also an argument to be made that CBD oil in bath bombs is nurturing, but we will analyze this claim in the upcoming paragraphs.
For now, let’s talk a bit more about hemp bath bombs. We will also share an awesome CBD bath bomb recipe, so make sure to stick with us!
Main ingredients for CBD bath bomb recipe
The great thing about DIY CBD bath bombs is that you can tweak everything according to your preferences. You can use ingredients that will alter smell and color, and you can also decide how much cannabidiol oil you want within the mixture.
CBD bath bomb recipe is especially great for people who have experience with medicinal hemp and know what they want from the whole experience.
Keep in mind that you’ll probably make a few mistakes along the way. However, once you master this hemp bath bomb recipe, you will never have to buy this product from a medicinal hemp company ever again.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for your DIY hemp bombs:
- Mixing bowl
- Several molds for bath bombs
- 4 oz baking soda
- 2 oz Epsom salt
- You will need between 100 to 200mg of CBD oil. Generally speaking, manufactured cannabidiol bombs can have between 50 mg, and above 200mg oil, so you might want to consider this amount as well.
- 2 ounces of citric acid
- 2 ounces of cornstarch
- 1, 5 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Up to 10 drops of preferred essential oil
- Color or smell additive
Step-by-step process to making hemp bath bombs
- Take all of the dry ingredients and place them in the bowl. You will need Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch, and citric acid. Start whisking them, so you remove the lumps. Once you’re done, you should have a cohesive substance.
- Take all of the wet ingredients and place them in another bowl. You might need to melt coconut oil beforehand.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Add the liquid mass slowly and whisk it as you go. Make sure that everything’s properly mixed and that there are no lumps.
- The important thing is for the mixture to be moist, but it shouldn’t be wet. Try to find the perfect middle where the mixture is soggy; if it becomes too moist, it won’t stay within the mold.
- At this point, you should add artificial color and smell.
- Now, place the mixture into two empty parts of the mold. Make sure there is a tad bit more of the mixture just so that the sides of the mold are overfilled. Once you close them, they need to stick together properly. Press them closely until it feels tight.
- Slowly remove the top of the mold allowing the mix to dry out.
- The bath bomb should be left on a solid surface for a few hours. There is a chance that the bomb will start falling apart (which is especially common if this is your first time). If that happens, we recommend that you simply toss the mixture in the tub and jump right in!
This concludes the CBD bath bomb recipe! It might not work the first time, but make sure to try it again. The recipe is not that hard, and we’re certain that you’ll master it in one or two tries.
What are the potential benefits of CBD bath bombs?
Unfortunately, it seems that DIY CBD bath bombs have a very limited impact on our bodies. These substances are primarily regarded as wellness products and shouldn’t be used for medical conditions.
And while CBD oil might provide some kind of relief when ingested or applied directly on a specific area of the skin, the substance becomes diluted when it’s dissolved in a large body of water (in other words, a tub).
When using hemp bath bombs, you might expect similar benefits as with topical cannabidiol, although on a smaller, weaker scale.
Some hemp experts claim that the product may help with relaxation, but there is no scientific data to corroborate this claim.
How much oil should I use for the CBD bath bomb?
CBD bath bomb recipe that we previously listed can be quite flexible in terms of ingredients. One of the things you can easily tweak is the amount of CBD oil that is utilized for the mixture.
As previously mentioned, most hemp companies use between 50 to 200mg CBD oil for their bath bombs. Of course, the dose can be increased or decreased based on the type of effect you want to accomplish.
Another thing you can do is try different dosages until you find the optimal quantity for an ideal tub experience. We always suggest that hemp users start with a minimal dose.
For example, you can go as low as 25mg when making CBD bath bombs. Keep in mind that, when used for a tub, CBD oil shouldn’t have the same impact as when you use it sublingually or topically.
The substance will not enter your bloodstream, so it will have a completely different effect compared to some other items. This reduces the chance of side effects, but you still need to be careful given that hemp bath bombs are not completely researched.
Anyway, as long as you use the CBD bath bomb recipe that we mentioned above, you shouldn’t expect any adverse effects!